Clinical information system that serves as a backbone health record in electronic form.
Information system, serves as a backbone health record in electronic form.
Chameleon is a high-quality electronic medical records (EZD) solution based on Israeli technology and Israeli knowledge of healthcare. It enables a wide range of healthcare providers and healthcare institutions to move from a paper-based medical record to a digital one, bringing and providing a digitized horizontal perspective to the hospitalization process. This broader view allows for improved resource management, streamlined administration, and improved patient safety and clinical outcomes. Chameleon is designed for every type of institution across the healthcare industry, including acute care hospitals, pediatric wards, outpatient clinics and surgeries, rehabilitation centers, geriatric and psychiatric medical centers, and obstetrics.
Chameleon can be used in medical institutions as well as large teaching hospitals.
Chameleon - Israeli system, serves as a backbone health record in electronic form, which allows the back-end (integration platform) and front-end integration of other hospital systems. It improves patient safety and clinical outcomes, streamlines resource management and administration – "One patient – one record" across the organization, and the system cares about clinical quality and safety – "the right information available to the right people at the right time". Specialized systems for Czech legislation. Chameleon is a web-based secure system that has low installation and maintenance costs. It can run on-premises or in the cloud (Azure), even a single system installation for multiple hospitals is enough. Standard integration (IHE, HL7, FHIR, DICOM, etc.) and support for international standards in healthcare. Customization is important for any hospital, and Chameleon has extensive capabilities, all data in the database is owned by the hospital. In Chameleon - Complete Medical Treatment (EZD): Inpatient Care, Outpatient Department, Day Care Centers, Specialized Departments, Preoperative Care, Operating Theatres. The system could also be used for specialized projects (burns, interventional cardiology).
- Chameleon has more than 300 different outpatient clinics, 25,000 users and 60 different medical specialties.
- The integration platform is used for seamless data flows between all information systems and medical devices – mapping between protocols and versions. Elad relies on InterSystems to develop the latest version of all standards (HL7, FHIR, IHE, etc.). . Other "plug-ins" can then be inserted into the InterSystems platform itself. For example, to connect devices operating through serial ports (monitors, fans), Elad uses the Capsule system, which is integrated into Ensemble. Capsule performs the conversion to hl7 protocol.
- Capsule has a huge database of device interfaces that it maintains for 2500 healthcare facilities. Therefore, if a new device appears on the market, there is a quick interface to it in capsule. This was used in Israel for a lightning project to create new intensive care units for Covid-19 using chameleon and connecting ventilators, etc.
- For Czech Specialized Standards (DASTA), Ensemble can also be used.
- If the hospital does not have an integration platform, chameleon is supplied with an application-specific platform that serves only for Chameleon system integrations. In the future, this license can be upgraded to a full license for the hospital. If a hospital has an InterSystems integration platform, Chameleon is delivered cheaper without an integration platform, it will use the hospital's license. Manufacturer's recommended practice: The chameleon comes with an application-specific platform because the hospital has a different integration platform that connects to the hospital-wide platform using standards (HL7). Ensemble works like a blackbox.
- Implementation process - we propose a pilot project in one clinic or even a workplace of one clinic: NIS acts as an ADT system (receiving, transferring, releasing the patient) and sends messages to chameleon via the HL7 ADT integration platform.
- Accounting continues to take place in NIS. The chameleon sends data to the accounting department via an integration platform (HL7 DFT messages).
- Chameleon sends back messages to NIS via integration platform (HL7 ORU messages)
- We can also implement other HL7 messages and interfaces. The project should serve as a proof of concept.
- Focus on the patient, but at the same time focused on users (doctors, nurses, etc...) easy to use and clear for the users of the system, the system tries to make their "technical work" easier.
- Very secure web system with low installation and maintenance requirements.
- Standard integration (IHE, HL7, FHIR, DICOM, etc.) = the hospital can integrate systems itself, connect devices.
- Complete medical treatment + special modules e.g. oncology, rehabilitation, gynecology and obstetrics, psychiatry, dialysis, endoscopy.
- Easy Customization with extensive options.
- It works on the principle of a "paperless hospital".
- User-friendly environment
- All data in one system, database backups
- Validation process of every released version
- Certification of the company ISO 9001:2015
- Certification iso 27001:2013
- ISBT 128 Certification
- Professional user support
- Development of customer specified new features on demand
- 30 years of experience in medical software development